2013년 11월 19일 화요일

Final Reflection

Amy Jung
Coach Zane
Digital Citizen
19 November 2013


1. What are three ideas, concepts, or skills that you have learned or that Digital Citizen has made you think about so far? Please provide specific examples.
              I saw  a video in Digital Citizen about this fortune teller that met random people but knew every information about them. At first it looked real and was actually amazed, but it turned out that the fortune teller only did some research from the internet. I learned that I need to be more be careful on line. I also learned about MLA format. I didn't know that every sources need to be sited and give credit to the person who owns it. Note taking skills are also what I learned. Using cornell notes were useful for summarizing and organizing information.
2. Please select at least 3 items that you completed and that you would like to discuss for the teacher/parent conference.  Describe why you chose each item and what you specifically learned about yourself and why this item/piece/video etc made you proud. You might want to go back to Moodle and choose some written work or videos or some reflections in your blog. Make sure to provide the exemplar (if possible) in your blog to show.
1. Presentation.
I wasn't really the kind of person who speaks out in front of class, but because of the presentations, I got to communicate with other students and share ideas. I also think that I got more courage to express my thoughts. 
2. Evaluating reliable sources
Sometimes I didn't know what kind of information on the internet was credible and just used all the information. This skill helped me to use good information for not only Digital Citizen, but it can be applied to any class assignments.
3. Safely using the internet
I chose this because we use the internet often and we need to know how to use it safely. I got to look back at myself by searching for pictures I posted that would be used against me. 
3. What did you choose to present for your final presentation? Why? What did you learn about your company and idea? How does it relate to making the world better?
I chose the company NIKE for my final presentation. I thought that NIKE would give benefits to ISD because, there are many athletic students here and the sports equipment were old. I learned that NIKE has various products that are ergonomically made. Also, they make shoes from manufacturing waste. This would make the world better because, NIKE is phasing out dangerous chemicals from its products and if this is known to the world, by ISD partnering with NIKE, other companies would be aware of this fact, and would also try to take out dangerous chemicals.
4. What did you present about and what did you you learn about presentation skills? Cite examples from your own presentation.
I presented about NIKE. I learned about in-text citation. If it's a single sentence, the citation is in the period and if it's more than two, it should be outside the period. Also, the presentation slides need to be kept simple and clean, but deliver your core message at the same time. 
5. What did you learn about research? How did you know what information to trust?  What did you learn about MLA formatting?
To find reliable information, you need to find the publisher, copyright sign, and a recent date that had last edits made. Sources needs to be cited in the Works Cited page. 
6. What is your grade? What are your goals for this next semester? What do you want to focus on to become better? Why is this goal important to you?
97%, The goals for this semester is doing homework on time and doing my best on my assignments. I also want to focus on presentation skills. These goals are important because presentation skills would help in the future to tell my thoughts in an efficient way.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기